PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TurboProp crash inbound for Buffalo
Old 15th May 2009, 14:40
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to fix things

1. allow changes in the law to enable every pilot in the country to go on strike for better pay across the spectrum.

DOZY...reading the book "stick and rudder'' until the first reaction is automatically push forward, has saved my life and my students. every pilot should read this book a dozen times until it is your new instinct...even below 1000'.

FOOLSGOLD...in one plane I flew, we called flaps up/slats retract. while flying with someone new to the plane, I called flaps up (and didn't say slats retract)...he retracted the slats and I yelled at him. Our speed was ok, no stall danger, but people do make mistakes and it is DUE TO POOR TRAINING and evaluation. I can imagine a bad habit pattern of putting condition levers forward with gear wasn't spotted during evaluation or by the PF.

The planes that I flew with pushers (english planes plus the san antonio sewer pipe) all had gadgets to turn off the pusher if you had to. Does the Q400 have a clutch relese or some similiar gadget to turn off the pusher????????????