PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Int'l Airlines
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 14:00
Robert Vesco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hey look! Another Swiss (Crossair versus Swissair) topic! Hahahaha, some things never change, and that includes all the negative experiences of foreigners working for a Swiss company!

Flugmachine, just do a quick search on my username and you'll see a lot of topics about how Swiss(air) deals with it's pilots. Read through it and then decide if you want to be treated as a second class citizen.

On a personal note, even yours truly, Robert Vesco, received a nice letter from LX a few years ago, asking me to come back on the Pigalino (a.k.a. Jumbolino/AVRO) fleet. So just for fun, I called the nice lady in recruitment back saying that I already had a valid A320 rating and ±1500 hours on type. I asked her if there was any chance to start on the LX A320 fleet and the answer was: "no, you are ex-Crossair, you can only join (and stay!) on the P!SS European Airlines fleet for SFr 60k/year." So then, after I was finished laughing, I thanked her for her sincere and blatant racism and wished her all the best in trying to sucker people into this lousy deal.

p.s. Robert is now flying long haul wide body for a nice and well respected European company.

Switzerland is a nice country for a few weeks on vacation, but don't expect a fair treatment as a foreigner if you want to work there. You are warned!