PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British police helicopter attacked on ground
Old 15th May 2009, 10:46
Flaxton Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My brother had his Freelander plus trailer stolen by Pikeys. They left it in a quiet area for 12 hours or to make sure there was no Tracker on it before coming back to take it away. In the meantime somebody who knew my brother spotted it and called him with the location. When he arrived it had gone, but the locals told him that two pikeys from the local camp had just driven off in it.

So..off he went to local council-run pikey camp. The man on the gate confirmed that Pikey 1 and 2 had just driven into the camp in the Freelander. Great said my brother, so you'll confirm that to the Police then? "You must be f**g joking mate " was the reply.

Undaunted off he went to the Plod shop and told them the tale. They were not interested in the slightest, and like the earlier posting told him to claim on his insurance as there was no point even arresting anybody as they would give false names, get out on bail and never be seen again.
When he tried to argue the toss all he ended up doing was getting up the nose of Mr Plod to the extent that he nearly got himself arrested for his trouble.

In the end he had no choice but to claim on the insurance which ends up costing all of us in the end (except the uninsured Pikeys of course)

No "no-go areas"? Make your own minds up.