PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Can I Do Without A-levels?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 10:07
PaperRocketeer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Can I Do Without A-levels?

hi everyone
I'm a 20 year old guy and until about a year and a half ago all i wanted to do was become a pilot, at secondary school i got all A's for my GCSE's but for me college wasnt that great and i dropped out half way through and started training to get a PPL and eventually an ATPL.
i passed my class 1 medical with no problems and started training but after 20 hours of flying i developed a medical problem and after a consultation with the doctor i found out that i wouldn't be able to continue flying, so i left.

I wasnt sure what i wanted to do with my life and i was depressed so i just worked at a local supermarket from the time i left, i realise now that i need to move on but im not sure what i should do.

I want to do something in the aviation/aerospace indsustry.

I would have done an aerospace engineering course at uni but like i said i don't have any A-levels but i'm curious to know if you can join an enginneering foundation course at a university with only GCSE's?

So can you guys give me some advice on courses i could do which don't require A-levels as an entry requiremrnt?
The one thing is, that i'm good at maths but i'm terrible at complex algebra.

any advice will be appreciated

thanks

I initially posted this thread in the Spectators Balcony but i was advised to post it in the engineers section