PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 09:16
tigger2k8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wh EI chose to go into Belfast when that city is dominated by RYR and EZY , both of whom have far larger market presence and far lower costs is beyond me. No wonder they are getting hammered there.
like i said before, during summer and December its possible for EI to compete against EZY as theres enough people travelling, but once you hit November and parts of Feb and Apr, things get quiet... ON ALL AIRLINES at BFS.... in the quiet period theres simply not enough people in N.I travelling for there to be 2 airlines serving certain routes (BCN and CDG for example, MXP never really kicked off at all, as for FCO 75% of the flights had good loads)

i can tell you now, outside of the quiet periods EI does very well at BFS.... despite what some post on here , they still managed to have 160ish people on a BFS-FAO the other day, despite there being 2 other flights to FAO that day

only difference is at BFS EZY has the cash to keeps its routes in competition against EI even when loads are low, but since EI doesnt have that cash they are doing the smart thing for their business and thats dropping the routes

ill just copy and paste this into notepad for tomorrow when someone else makes a claim about BFS thats false