PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR new security dictat
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 06:56
elgnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read these threads everyday if I can and sometimes I do wonder. Many on here tell us that they are professionals, mostly pilots, working in the aviation industry. Given that not just anyone can take the controls of a commercial aircraft - a large amount of intelligence is required, exams, experience etc. I do tend, rightly or wrongly, to credit you all with some common sense and logic. Most if not all will have completed at least one degree which should expand your mind and teach you to research a subject sufficiently enough to draw a balanced conclusion, a skill you carry with you for life and apply in many everyday situations.So, how can so many get it all so wrong? This site appears to be somewhere that many vent their spleen rather than add value to some seriously good threads.Just above, Carnage Matey refers to the lyrical terroist working airside. Not true and not hard to establish that fact.Several on here have said the 'liquids threat' is a thing of the past and should be dropped - that is unbelievable. I wonder what the reaction would be if, god forbid, a liquid device brought your aircraft down. How bad would the 'Government Wallahs' be then?Everything that goes 'airside' is screened from passengers to the stock in duty free shops to the catering on board. All staff, crews and vehicles are also screened - even the people that make the rules that appear to upset so many of you are screened - i didn't have to research very long to find that out.My point is that a little research - asking the right people, web-sites etc will answer most of the question that seem to have some on here on the verge of a stroke! How disappointing that some of the profession I have (and continue to) admired most of my life display so much ignorance on a subject that they should know better than many.