PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Airline...What are they upto?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 06:54
Amelia_Flashtart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am currently doing some more work in the Solomon Islands and just wish to add a comment to the capacity/seats issue. In total I have spent 3 of the past 5 years working as a RAMSI Advisor to a number of Ministries and the problem now is the same as it was 5 years ago.

Yes - you may say the place is now over-serviced with the introduction of Pac Blue HOWEVER there is still no seat available when you need one. The majority of punters on this run are working here under RAMSI or some other bilateral/multilateral Aid program with a miniscule number of tourists. The days we need / want to fly are Thursday / Friday OUT Sunday / Monday IN. There are flights out Thursday and Friday, 1 in on Sunday then nothing until Tuesday. Unless we book 4 or more weeks in advance it is almost impossible to get a seat on the SolAir Friday and Sunday flights.

I have to go to Oz next weekend for a wedding, and as I had not expected to be in HNR, did not try to book a seat until Friday 8th May for Friday 22 May back 24 May. No such luck - I have to fly out Thursday and back Tuesday which is damned frustrating.

What I am trying to say here is echoed by many of us here - give us capacity WHEN WE WANT AND NEED IT - one aircraft with decent capacity on Friday and Sunday may well do it - or even two flights on those days and forget the Tuesday and Thursday garbage. At present all they do is carry the P!ssed off overflow from Friday and Sunday. And oh -a Monday flight would be great!!