PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: All you want to know about A380 for CC!
Old 15th May 2009, 05:04
Boomerang_Butt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate, as I've said time and again, when most MAM crew joined, there were no such thing as full time QAL jobs going. It was MAM, or no job. Individual circumstances are different, I had a mortgage to pay, so I had to work. I preferred to keep flying.

When I joined, we were told there'd be a good chance of applying for full time and thus getting a QAL job that way. Didn't happen. Yes, we knew the conditions when we signed, however we were hopeful of changing them for the better from the inside once we were in and had numbers. So far that hasn't happened, but it might be closer than we thought a year ago with the EBA up soon. I would have jumped at a full time job, only problem was, by the time they started offering QCCA, I was already in Perth. Not everyone want to live in Sydney or Melbourne- its about the lifestyle as well as the job. And I don't see why creww should have to take a drastic pay cut just to get sick leave.

Again, the transfer info sheet says QAL only, there iss no access to that information on the crew website for QD or MAM, besides it says you have to be in category for 2 years before you may transfer, so for the moment that rules out any QD anyway, aside from MAMs who transferred to QD, as their total service is counted for promotion etc.. at least, that's the way I read it. Is that correct Pegasus?