PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A320 tried to take off from Lisbon taxiway
Old 1st Mar 2002, 23:13
IntheNavy

Red face

That is BACALHAO sorry about that(obrigado?). . But anyway. Is not true that the PIC earns money among other things because IS THE PILOT IN COMMAND AND ARE PAID BECAUSE HE DECIDES (WRONG OR NOT)AND TAKES THE DECISIONS?. . Fortunately someone (in this case the controler)advise them of the matter.But in any case was a mistake and the responsability is for the COMMANDER.. .Many people try to confuse everyone in this industry, and want (saying the same wrong sentence many times that we ALL accept that, as an statement)The COMMANDER has to required any help he needs even if someone may thing that he is an stupid.. .One night in Paris,after a football match the controller say as when we arrive to the holding position. "Clear to enter and takeoff" but we confirmed again this message because that night looks the frek. a little bit crowded. That was the difference to stay alive, the other two (air liberté and a short) didnīt were so lucky.Since then I try to confirm every time, specially with NOTAM WIP and so on.. .Please try to restablish all together the figure of the CAPTAIN or COMMANDER (in South Europe any time is one degree more). Itīs not related to the unions is related to be professional and safe, we are humans and the first thing we have to accept is that sometimes we get it wrong (not only by ourselves thatīs true).Restore this figure and the things that it involves (experience, seniority etc..) I was F/O for years and was wonderfull, when I arrived to the Left position I found it very confortable but every day I know that I may lose it and I have to take the decisions