PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Int'l Airlines
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2009, 20:23
Dani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N1, I don't know why you attacked me, since I agreed with you...

Anyway, your ppjn figure is not correct. You get 4th year salary as a DEP, that's 60k in SWU and 70 in SWR.

It's correct that 1000h MPA gives you the right to apply for SWR, but you still have to do the training, and during this training you still can get the Avro job. If you have turboprop or regional training you most probably end up in SWU. Which is not a bad thing. You just have to know that. Until you're 38 (?) you have the right to apply for main line, i.e. SWR. They generally take the younger collegues on the Avros, while some argue that they rather put those on the Avros, who they didn't like.

I agree that there is no Swissair and no Crossair anymore, but the boundaries are still alive, mainly in the salary list. Generally in the office there's only former Swissair guys, management is purely Swissair, while top management is Lufthansa. Older former Crossair guys are mostly frustrated and try to change ships or get a LOL case. They also do not have a union, the last one has been destroyed.

Still it's a fine job, also in prospect of the CS110 order for 2014 or so. Just putting things into perspective.

Dani