PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe MPL at Oxford (commences 1 September 2009)
Old 14th May 2009, 18:30
kingofkabul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for all your replies,

I posted this a few days ago, it seems it took a while to actually turn up on the boards, and has since been discussed in other posts!

I went to the open day at Oxford the other day when someone asked the Commercial Director whether or not OAA would convert you to a CPL/IR if Flybe were to go tits up pre 1500 hours. There was no reply, simply he did not know the answer. But then I do not think OAA are really prepared for Flybe to not take on cadets/go bust or they would not underwrite the risk of having to re-train people. But even then, unless it is a legally binding agreement I would not feel comfortable taking the risk! But that's just my opinion.

I agree with other posts that mentorship does seem to be the way to go, I find it amazing that people go in to schemes self-sponsored without any visibilty on the jobs market, but hey mentorships are almost non-existent at present.

Out of interest, has anyone heard any rumours about when/if the Netjets scheme will re-open? Seems to be the best deal at the mo!

Thanks again, and happy landings.