PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAA employment statistics
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2009, 08:19
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it absolutely incredible, that anyone who is otherwise blessed with a normal intellect can actually, really, claim that either method of training produces superior or inferior pilots. Further I find it incredibly disturbing that these same, otherwise intelligent people would perpetuate that level of BS career wise.

Bottom line: There are plenty of integrated grads who aren't great flyers, because they spent all their time on the juice in Arizona, because they just got 'daddy' to pay for it, cos they just don't have the aptitude, cos, cos, cos.... Then there are plenty who are excellent pilots and have been trained in a structured manner, that ensures EVERY flight has a learning objective. Plenty who used the massive resources of an integrated school to learn as much as they can, plenty who became the best they could be (considering the hours they have)

Likewise, there are plenty of modular students who pissed around in the deserts, flying from one place to another, without actually having a learning objective, or practicing skills - just burning holes. There are plenty of Modular who paid using daddys money, there are plenty of modulars who just aren't that good. Then there are plenty who are bloody brilliant, who did everything they could, who used resources available to them and so on and so on.

The fact is the quality of the pilot is not dictated by the method of training. Anyone who is so insecure in themselves as a person or as a pilot as to need to try and discredit any other pilot based only on their training method should be ashamed. Very ashamed. It says lots about the lack of professionalism of the person.

And before someone says "and that applies to BA only taking integrated as well, does it?" Well yes, if their only reason is because "integrated are better trained". I suspect their reasons are more to do with "known quality of training and it's a handy way of cutting down otherwise endless applicants". It IS as valid to only accept mod students, but I highly doubt you can have a good idea of the standards of ALL mod students (rather than from a particular school) in the same way.

People wonder why this industry is going down the pan - this crap attitude is a good place to start.