PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High Standards
Thread: High Standards
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2009, 08:14
Der absolute Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My goodness......
Cave Troll is absolutely correct I think. But then only look at the difference in the quality of the professional aviantion related posts on Prrune now as comparisoned with those of three years ago and you can see that the standards have gone right down.
But I am not sure that it is all the fault of the instructor guild. Slack and possibly corrupt CAAs have played a part in the game as has the selection of individuals for commands and positions, based on the ethnic origin and sex (there was something about sex with a woman who worked for the SA/CAA?)rather than merit and dedication. But also one important thing I think is that in these days, so few pilots expect to reach their left hand jet seat by a calm and logical progression but must run at the top like a deranged wildebeeste and so you arrive at the sort of situation where there is a 737 perhaps with a new Captain with small hours total and a First Officer thing with no time at all worth a lead Zeppelin.They may in the end have quite a lot of hours on their 737 but they will never have been, as you say, around the block a time or two.