PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now moorabbin gets its own anti-airport mob
Old 14th May 2009, 07:10
notmyC150v2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Almost all of the flights from Moorabbin Airport are recreational or for sightseeing or training.

So it’s essentially an exclusive club and in many respects is no different from local boating clubs. Perhaps the only difference is that it is more expensive to moor a boat or launch from a Council ramp than it is to park your half million dollar plane at Moorabbin aerodrome and land and take off.

Also there are more restrictions on noisy fast boats. There are strict laws specifically designed to protect the amenity and safety of the public. You stand a much greater chance of being fined for breaking boating regulations than you do for flying dangerously in your noisy plane or helicopter.

The good news for most plane and helicopter owners is they don’t live in the City of Kingston and their children go to private schools in Melbourne’s inner East so they are quite safe from crashing aircraft and training pilots.
Nothing like a gross generalisation expressed in hysterical tones to make an argument worthless.

Now if you will all excuse me I am off in my Ferrari to pick up my kids from the Snobbery Academy For The Filthy Rich...