PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now moorabbin gets its own anti-airport mob
Old 13th May 2009, 21:55
WannaBeBiggles

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I always find it ironic when people bitch and moan about airports, noise and "presumed" risk when they frikkin well bought property fully knowing that there is an airport near by! Unless of course the guy bought before 1949...

Most people are shocked to learn that there is roughly the same chance of death by culpable driving in the city of Kingston as there is of death by aircraft crash.
What a bunch of CROCK! How the hell did he come up with that nugget of information?

Thats like saying you have "roughly" the same chance of instantaneously combusting than you do of being hit by a rogue plane.

Over Half of these accidents he quotes happened within the airport boundary, and as we all know a media quote of "Crash landing" often just means a heavy landing, or even a tire blow out on landing.
Though of course the bounce of a heavy landing, when combined with a solar flare, right at the instance gravity reduces 80% and combined with a 400km/h wind gust *COULD* blow the aircraft right over the fence and in to a residential area...

Of course the difference is people make a decision to venture onto the roads.
That may be it, but I wonder if this tosser has ever flown with an airline. That would have been his choice and I'm sure he'd be rather surprised how many of the guys and girls upfront did their training at YMMB.