PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2009, 19:27
Flightrider

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Inkjet/Topslide 6 - I can assure you that my comments are grounded in facts and current events rather than guesswork.

Inkjet, Lufthansa were well aware that things were not wonderful at bmi because of the deterioration in trading conditions and the end of the ECA agreement at Heathrow which had artificially improved bmi's results up to that point. Although they were not expecting a picture of rosy contentment, they have been surprised by just how bad things actually are in bmi.

They do indeed have two directors on the board of bmi but as someone has already pointed out, the corporate board is told what the executive officers think it needs to know rather than necessarily having full disclosure on every aspect of the business. Although I am not aware of any allegations that the executives have misled the Board, there is a very strong feeling that they haven't perhaps been totally open and candid about the company's true position.

The two sides have at least managed to agree on an agreement to discuss a way of helping them reach an agreement.