PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lagos, Kano, and Abuja ATC
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2009, 14:33
Stierado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

These are all very good and perfectly reasonable suggestions you are all making, and I´m sure most pilots can remember the RT basics

BUT...

First of all...Lagos uses a relay in the southern sector, and this has had an open/stuck mike for months now...try and explain this to atc...

As a result you have a garbbled mess almost instantly on frequency when arriving from the south for at least 80 miles...VERY annoying, AND you dont know when one transsmission starts, and the next ends....very likely that this adds to the clutter !!!

Next...if you were to leave it to atc without probing them, I am sure you and your shiny jet would run out of gas in the hold somewhere...
Its ok to wait in the hold if you have stacks of fuel onboard, but when your limited, this is no joke.

Also, I think you would be last-in if you waited your turn.
I think a lot of people call several times, as they dont get a reply the first 3 or 4 times. I have had a few occasions where it was reasonably calm, and there were no double transmissions, but the controller still did not respond !!!!!

A few more frequencies would be great, as would radar cover that works all the time and EVERYONE being professional....those things all happening at the same time in Lagos...no chance.