PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The state of (the) Philippine(s) aviation
Old 13th May 2009, 10:20
Cartographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm new here in this forum.

I have been with the outfit before and the sentiments of all those I left behind in CAAP are really bad. We thought then that CAAP was the answer but then again we were wrong. The level of corruption increase with no benefits for the existing employees. The undermining thing about this is that the technical people are the ones greatly affected. If things don't change, time will come when those who will be stay will be overaged guys and newly hired who lacks experince.

Many of ny fellow technical personnel are either contemplating on leaving or are just waiting for their dispatch to go abroad or to another company.

I feel really sorry for the state that CAAP is now. I talked with those people who conceptualized CAAP around the 80's and they are really sad, they said that this is not what we dreamed for before.

Leadership is really doesn't know anything about running the show. They accepted the job with no clear vision on what to do. Then they hired a lot of consultants who when I was still there, was asking us about our job. Come on, you are consultants, you should know a lot more than what we know. I was wondering if they are consultants or just "consulsol". 186 last I heard all receving 18k+ a month and having a bigger allowance that's why all of them kapit toko with their job, Plus tha fact that most of them have bested interest in having a pet project to endorse to the DG.

Almost all areas ng CAAP has consultants, before even the Personnel has a concultant.

I don't know where this band wagon is going to. I hope in the near future things will change.

I salute those who still work there and still provide the service.

Kudos to the Technical Personnel especially the ATC, COMS and the ANS....

Just my honest opinion....