PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free CPL(H) to DHFS Students...
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2009, 22:03
ProfessionalStudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEags

I have to agree with the last couple of posts. It's not ingratitude, it's just a request for info regarding a rumour.

In my humble opinion, 2000hrs are far more difficult to achieve these days, certainly far more difficult than it was at the inception of the bridging package - unless you're on the multis fleet, that is...

So, perhaps the accreditation system should be reviewed to reflect a "leaner" (with a small L) air force which affords its pilots fewer hours over a career. If looked at carefully, it could certainly be a "pull" rather than a "push" factor.

As an aside BEags... seeing as you were so instrumental in pushing through the JAA/FCL system, why is there such a massive disparity between the award of a PPL(A) and a PPL(H) for QSPs? The former simply requires the completion of EFT (approx 65hrs) and a couple of extra ground/air bits. The latter requires EFT (inferred as this is a necessary hoop for rotary trainees), SEBRWT, SEARWT (both Squirrel - CAA type approved, approx 120hrs TT), MEARWT (Griffin - CAA type approved, approx 120hrs), OCF (around 100hrs ME) and then, finally, Combat Ready status - all in all around 600 hours' worth. Do you see my point?

Just interested...

Anyway, I do hope they do start dishing out CPL(H) for DHFS grads, it'll save me the nause of doing the dreaded Gen Nav paper...