PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free CPL(H) to DHFS Students...
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2009, 20:47
MPSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think your missing the point of this post! It was originally posted to hopefully shed some light on the rumours about licence's being issued upon successful completion of DHFS. I'm assuming that the paper your referring to isn't linked to this subject and if it is then maybe you could explain in a bit more depth. I have spoken to the CAA personally and they are not aware of any scheme set in place other than the norm ie: Full course and exams or Bridging. I'm not sure what joint MoD/CAA accrediataion scheme your referring to upon completion of service in the forces and a civillian licence being given, other than the "bridging" package which at present requires a minimum of 2000 hrs (which is not as easy to achieve in this day and age as it might have been 10-15 years ago!) to be held by an individual which then makes them exempt from the full course and just requires them sitting a couple of exams. However this is currently under scrutiny and is likely to be scrapped to. So if their is another scheme that your paper has arranged then please expand a bit more as everyone on this post is after some answers. And as for us being ungrateful then you couldn't be further from the truth. It would just be nice to have our years of military flying recognised in the outside world.