PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for first stage of Modular ATPL in Australia or New Zealand
Old 12th May 2009, 20:33
matthew.gyi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice for first stage of Modular ATPL in Australia or New Zealand

Hi,

I was wondering if I could ask for some advice with regards to starting modular training for a fATPL in Australia or New Zealand.

I've recently decided to take the Modular route rather than Integrated due to the high financial risk and fragility of the employment market at the moment, but because I always had my heart set on the Integrated route I foolishly did very little research into Modular training. This is my plan though:

I'd love to get the chance to travel and experience flying in another country before things get serious with the training (i've been flying gliders for about 4 years in the UK), so I'm considering doing my PPL in either Australia or New Zealand. I understand that these countries are not JAA members so I would need to convert to a CAA PPL when I return but this doesn't bother me too much. I then plan to return to the UK and continue with the ground school CPL/ME/IR etc..

Can anyone think of any pros or cons with this idea. Any advice would be really appreciated. Also if anyone could recommend any schools that would be great!

Many Thanks
Matt