PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAA employment statistics
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2009, 19:22
thetimesreader84

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While i agree the debate is never ending, I would challenge what propellerhead implies about how Oxford / Integrated schools give you an advantage.

BA only take low houred cadets from Oxford () and to get that you have to be in the top 5, grade wise, consistently of your class at OAA, AND pass an application / interview process with BA AND then they have to decide that they want you.

FlyBE are sponsoring at both Integrated and Modular Schools.
NetJets sponsor their own cadets, who train at Oxford. Not necessarily the same as an Oxford Integrated cadet.

I am not saying that Oxford puts you at a disadvantage. Merely that, in my opinion, there is no particular advantage.

And the "Tin Pot" airline I fly for has never been busier. Our Chief Pilot wouldnt take an integrated pilot "as long as (his) arse has a hole in it". FlyBE will take integrated Cadets. Ryanair will take anyone with an fATPL, £28k and enough nouce to get through a sim course.
Could it be that the reason for the never ending "which is best: integrated or modular?" debate is that there is really very little difference, except for a lot of money and a percieved superiority?