PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free CPL(H) to DHFS Students...
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2009, 19:15
BEagle

Received 277 Likes on 112 Posts
About 10 years ago, when JAR-FCL first appeared, I noticed that National Authorities (i.e. the CAA) had an obligation to grant recognition for skills and experience gained in military service. I then kicked off a paper which eventually ended up in front of a very on-side VSO - the aim was to secure a recruiting and retention incentive. Do your time for HMtheQ and depart with thanks and a licence to help you start your new career. Apart from some ar$e Learning Command Wg Cdr, who mumbled about 'appropriate staffing processes', everyone else was very supportive. Things then went a bit quiet - until, of all people, The Scottish Officer stirred up Binnsworth to get things moving. As a result, a joint MoD/CAA Working Group formed; they delivered the Military Accreditation which you now have.

At all stages, the CAA was extremely helpful and accommodating!

See LASORS. Don't know what LASORS is and you want a civilian licence? FIND OUT!!

Stop moaning and bŁoody well say thank you! If none of us had bothered to put pen to paper and badger some Very Senior Officers, you'd have NO accreditation whatsoever.

The aim was to make youngsters realise that, if they join the Services as a pilot, they will receive sufficient credit by the time they leave, after a reasonable return of service (my estimate was roughly OCU+10 years), to begin a second career in civil aviation.

And that is what you currently have. Be grateful for once in your lives!