PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield working practices, conditions, and Contracts
Old 12th May 2009, 17:56
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question, I read some but not ALL of the thread so hope this has not been asked before:

I was working for an airline and was made redundant this year, IF I were to set myself up as a sole trader, which I was for 15years BEFORE I became a commercial pilot, and applied to FR for the TR, would I as a previously working pilot also be forced into this company arrangement? The idea would be that I am a commercial pilot, I decide to advance my career and pay for another TR ( ugghh that will be 2 in a row) then it should be fully tax deductable and make me tax compliant without having to go the company route? OR is this no longer an option and everyone must form these companies? I am loathed to pay for another TR but....FR is the only show in town and I haven't flow in 4 months and my head is f****.
Can I set up my own company and employ my own accountant? Does the 4th partner have to be Brookfield and do we have to pay money to a selected accountant? ...if so why?
Apologies if this has been covered, read the thread quickly and may have missed it! thanks