PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2009, 17:08
Dim Sum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Avoiding Action
I believe the selection processes are now being undertaken in Hampshire as part of a cost cutting exercise to save money on hiring rooms at hotels.
Did my S3 recently, and we were guinea pigs (again) for the NATS S2 brain frying tests (sorting shapes, numbers, crashing aeroplanes), but this time it was done on laptops.. Dell XPS gaming laptops for the computer geeks out there.
So it could mean that the S2 tests could be done around the UK in the not so distant future?

For S3:
There are no technical Qs, so for those who are doing it soon and crammed all that technical info into their brain (e.g. emiliemarsden_24), you could be wasting your time.

All I can say is.. think of why you want to be an ATCO, think of good examples for being under pressure, making decisions, teamwork, and the outcomes for those, etc etc.. typical HR Qs but so more in depth.

Had to get the interviewers to repeat the Qs again, and explain the Qs to me in layman terms as the wording was complicated. I took forever to answer them and the interviewers had to move me on.
Also, I gave rubbish replies to the Qs, mainly personal experiences as I have little work experience. I say 'rubbish' as I gave an answer but the interviewers repeated the Q again which meant I answered it wrong.

All of you who get to this stage will do better than me..

Will be awaiting the 'unsuccessful' e-mail and trying again next year.

Originally Posted by Gernant34
cant make the seating arrangements stay in my brain.
Concentrate more on distance/speed/time calculations, bearings and what the various acronyms, e.g. VOR stand for.