PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free CPL(H) to DHFS Students...
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2009, 16:46
MPSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be very interested to get to the bottom of this rumour. As someone who is about to spalsh out on all the required study for ATPL (H). I to have completed the DHFS course within the past 5 years and would much rather complete 2 exams as opposed to entering into the marathon which is distant learning, as I do not yet have the required hours to utilise the bridging course offered. Is this going to be done retrospectivley or are they just doing a "Starting from now" point, as I would imagine that its the DHFS syllabus that the CAA have accredited and unless the course content has changed, which I doubt very much that it has, then their should be no reason why previous graduates of DHFS can't apply also for the licence. I would quite happily leave the services with a CPL(H) and worry about ATPL(H) later on. I have heard that tagged onto the licence comes a new 8 year return of service to stop people jumping ship. However this now only brings us in line with every other Armed Service in Europe as I believe I'm right in saying that the UK is the only country not to award its Forces a civvy licence.