PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR new security dictat
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2009, 16:27
Munnyspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet.....

But what about Madrid, Bologna, etc etc. Thought these were trains?

I have switched about 60% of my former domestic air travel to rail because it is centre to centre and you can work and don't have to put up with some munter's elbow fighting for the armrest. Refreshments are served regularly and you can get up and walk around. Departure is departure not just a push back and a 20 minute hold and even though the journey takes a bit longer you can travel with more than a laptop, shirt, socks and boxers including shampoo, toothpaste and any other toileteries in volumes unimaginable by BAA security.

Ok so you don't have the luxury of the queue for Security, belt off, jacket off, shoes off, laptop out, laptop in, belt on, shoes on, jacket on "oops sir, I'll need to rescan your bag as you appear to have more than 100ml of liquid not properly displayed in this ere plastic bag". Nor allow the extra 20 minutes just in case you're late to the gate, queue to board, (oh why do aisle passengers always get in first?) belt up, wait for ATC , pushback, wait for slot. Have perfectly enjoyable flight only to have to wait again for a gate, wait for the doors to open, queue to get out, miss the first train, wait 15 minutes for the next then 15-30 minutes later find your self broadly speaking where you want to be - partially frazzled and having to do the same again tomorrow. Phew - aircrew have it easy!