PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines To Routinely Monitor Cockpit Voice Recordings?
Old 12th May 2009, 14:16
E.Z. Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry but dont see how this compares. If you are driving a train and you have your head down writing messages this is very different from saying some non work related comment during the descent.
I understand and in part agree with you. I want to pose the question of relating to the onboard commands and how those behavioral affects, effects ones sense when or where the sense of awareness is created artificially by the computer/digitally driven systems?

One point at PPR is there is always discourse when discussing how the "new pilot" wouldn't know a steam pressure gauge if it was handed to them. I expect some comments if this thread strays enough would lead the same to argue that “they” now want the steering wheel.

I've flown Colgan, I've observed the cockpit (B1900) and they are on it. I've flown the SAAB and the pilots thoroughly enjoy flying those planes.

So, I'm not in complete agreement about any such comment regarding training, or that things are not as they should be at Colgan. Often enough the FAA will ride third seat...(?)

Things are changing and the DASH 8, with its avionics (potential) offers a newer and brighter aviation future when fully deployed. Yet, in order to create the change at hand. The system must first become virtual in the air and within the scope of ground control based technology. That’s how I read the failure and the breakdown of communication links that brought this plane down.