PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be Happier Than Before
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2009, 13:55
VH-MLE

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts
Thankyou for your post Loose rivets (and others),

I am almost at the crossroads as far as taking my alepam is concerned. I know I need to stop taking them (a bit like stopping smoking - there is never a good time!!) but it is finding the right time that is important.

I can see the right time is almost here and I do plan to start reducing my doseage over the coming weeks rather than try and stop "cold turkey".

I initially took Alepam to try relax/cope a bit more with my wife's terminal illness. After she died there was always a reason to stay on them and I've since been engaged in deep and intense psychological warfare with my (now 13 year old) daughter which has been a further excuse to stay on them.

However, I can see for myself that I'm using them as somewhat of a crutch to help me through the day and that I do need to stop taking them. If I haven't had a tablet at the "normal" time, I do start getting "edgy" which is a sure sign of addiction.

The only plus is that both my GP and myself know I have to stop taking them sooner rather than later - it's really a case of biting the bullet and making a plan to stop.

As far as rages go, my kids will tell you I do get angry unnecessarily - maybe there is merit in that and maybe there isn't as we have had a very hard past few years.

I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Regards to all.

VH-MLE