PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: Qatar/Oman refuse new funds & New CEO
Old 13th May 2002, 03:58
Icarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do people have to say about anything?
Mixed views I guess.
Are you asking for mine?

One has to understand the reasons behind why a body of consultants have been brought in I guess.

Some (very senior) staff here are being as 'un-cooperative' as possible towards them, some are working very hard with them to make things better. I hope there are more working with them than against them!

This is (i.e. they are) a life line for GF, anyone who constructively works against that is not working in the best interests of the company overall; but then again, that is why GF is in a mess anyway; too many people looking after their own interests. I do not believe there is or has been 'massive corruption' in the lead up the mess GF are in. I believe it is more down to irresponsible management and a number of high level staff continuously wishing to play 'Mr Nice Guy' and to not deal with issues that require them to face the truth. This is far more damaging (especially long term) than creaming off a bit of cash (which I do not condone at all). Empire builders and control freaks who surround themselves with 'Yes Men' so that their own inablilities/inefficiencies are never exposed are more a threat to the overall health and prosperity of any company and its employees in my eyes; and GF has far too many of these people, some have been here a long time, some have only been here perhaps 15 months or so!

If SH&E and the new Chief have 'carte-blanche' then this will be (mostly) rectified.
If GF can find the "Political Will' to do what is right, even if it is a tough call and their mates wont like them anymore, then GF will not only survive, it will prosper.

Oh, and of course, someone will need to take a very sharp knife to a number of departments living on the third floor and bring people in who know what they are doing!