PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some questions inside the little EY pilot word!
Old 11th May 2009, 23:04
shortfuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll try to make it as smart as possible...but don't expect much

If I wanted to tease you, I would say that we all are targetting our financial goal, he's targetting both, to break even and the emoluments that goes with that kind of achievement.

As for "buckling our seatbelt", let's be honest, what did you, as a pilot, to cope with these target constraints? Continuous descent arrivals when possible, sign on OFP fuel...?
We are not that under stress, are we?
Message is we're just asked to do our job safely, properly and efficiently when possible, crisis or not.

1/ True. As far as I remember, seniority list is updated twice annually, we should wait for the next update (?)

2/ Only reporting what's been said during the last roadshow about this by SG: they're aware of the problem and I think it's related to utilization capacity of the current software (software itself or setting I don't really know) used by EY. This requires lots of human inputs after being run. We should see an improvement in the next few months with the introduction of a new software...

3/ Dunno yet. I assume that in the past people were moved from a fleet to another without being asked, the bidding system now take into account people wishing to stay on a specific fleet for example. This bidding system will be more useful in the future when you have many other types.

4/ The memo does not exactly say that , it only says that Immigration carry random passport checks, possibly bringing to light non work-related information. What they do with these info, we don't know...yet...
I am curious to know why they are implementing such a new procedure.