PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - Best way to contact an ATC tower or SATCO
Old 11th May 2009, 16:28
GhostUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

Could you guys please give me some feedback on my cover letter? (TBH I've never written one before).

I tried following the online guides as best I could. I have a tendency to waffle and hopefully have not done too much.

Any corrections, additions, subtractions would be appreciated.

Thanks

[MY ADDRESS]

FAO MR BLOGS
[AIRPORT ADDRESS]

[TODAYS DATE]

Dear Mr BLOGS

I am writing to you in the hope that you may a vacant position now or in the near future for an air traffic service assistant (ATSA/ATCA).

From a young age I have always held a passion for aviation, and very much hope to one day to become a fully qualified ATCO. To gain a better insight into ATC I recently attended an assistant controller’s course with ASTAC Ltd and was awarded a certificate of successful completion. I also spent a week living on Gloucestershire airport, with access to the ATC tower.

I plan on going back in the next couple of months to do a week of work experience in the ATC tower, mainly shadowing the assistants and ATCO so that I can see the theory I learnt on my course used in practice.

I currently hold 9 GCSE’s ranging from grade B – C including maths, science and english. I am also a very quick learner with tea making skills second to none.

At the moment my current day job is working as an optical dispenser. I have a range of skills and experience attained from working in this field over the last 7 years.
Due to the nature of my previous career; working with patients from all walks of life my temperament is excellent and I work very well under high loads of pressure.

Please find enclosed a copy of my curriculum vitae for you to view.
If you have any questions at all, please get in contact with me.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards,

[MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE]