PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2009, 12:25
Tarka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone

Currently I'm at college, but I have been thinking about applying to ATC for 6 months or so. I have spent the day at Manchester with the ATCs and I really loved it. I also got a lot of insight into what the job is like, and I was able to speak to some who had just qualified.

I applied around February/March, but it was too early for me to apply, but at that time, there were tests being held in Manchester. Now, I see it's all in Hampshire. This is on the other side of the country for me, and while I don't mind travelling down there, I was wondeirng if there will be other times later on in the year when tests will be held in Manchester again.

Also, I am only 18 (nearly 19), and have been told that they do tend to prefer people slightly older, as you're more likely to be able to cope with the training etc. Anyone else applied at my age? (I have no idea how old all the rest of you are! )

My eyesight is pretty bad, but all those I spoke to in real life said it would be no problem, but I don't understand the requirements on paper. Is what they require allowed with glasses? I have perfect vision with glasses, but without I'm pretty blind. It's just shortsightedness though, there isn't anything 'wrong' with my eyes, such as in colour etc

Other than that, I just wanted to say thank you! to all those who have provided information, links and answers about ATC on this board. I've browsed quite a lot of this topic, and it's been very useful. (And I don't think I saw my questions asked)

Edit: Ooh, now I just remembered about Eurocontrol. Do people who apply to Nats sometimes apply to Eurocontrol if they don't get in? It looks pretty similar to me; is it?