PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air Employment - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th May 2009, 11:45
Nevrekar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spicejet still remains a good place to work. I reported and continue to report on the airline when I have time. I have no vested interest in "packaging" the airline in a positive light. What's good is good and the rest is reported as well. Guilty as charged.Ofcourse, I realize that my experience may not mirrror everyone else's. Yes, there was a change in management and a few folks including our EVP left to join Oman Air as SMLO (Senior Manager Line Operations). He was previously with Oman Air before Spicejet and set up many of the training programs there. The rest of the details, you will have to ask him. Spicejet is doing better than most other airlines here in India. There is even talk of acquiring another airline in the future and some international operations in 2010.

I knew when I came here that my tenure would be around 3-5 years maximum. I have completed 2 years, and been renewed for another year. So no big surprise. The DGCA wants us out by July 2010 and it will probably happen. Oman Air was a great opportunity in October 2008, and I would have taken it had it not been for a major illness in my family (cancer). Spicejet offers very flexible On/Off times and so until this family member has their treatment completed I decided to stay on in India. Oman Air was understanding of my situation. When the time comes, I hope to join WY if there are still openings. If not, then I will be happy to pursue other opportunities.

Best wishes.