PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2009, 20:46
The Flying Cokeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racedo,

Funny enough, EZY has in the last several years won the yearly business traveller award so it's apparently a company many business people like/choose to fly with!?

Johnrizzo,
About my statement of possible future base closures: Correct you would think EI knows it's gotta be a hard battle and cost a lot of money when starting up a new base etc.
However my concern lies with the future CEO who will take over the controls and he might not agree with the previous one who came up with these new bases idea.
When a new boss enters the arena and the company's cash-burn goes faster than a speeding bullet- he will choose or be forced to reduce his costs as his first move ASAP and that could be the end of LGW and maybe BFS.

The expansion plan isn't going as fast as planned either in LGW. I know of several guys who were about to start in the company and they have been put on hold using DUB crew instead. In fact DUB crew now cover 50% of the crews needed in LGW. This sounds to me like a plan for something that won't run in the longterm.