PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAA employment statistics
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2009, 11:31
thetimesreader84

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LH2, I won't dispute your experience, If true, then I think (in my opinion) you should name the FTO as en example of an "ethical" FTO, however it does not match my own. I have been involved with 2, UK, FTO's, not however employed by them (thank god), as a sort of "poster boy" for them, and have been sent to seminars (Such as the FLYER show recently) and talked to prospective customers. Standing instructions from the management at both were to "talk up" chances of getting a job, and even to utter the hated line "you will find it easier to get a job at the end of it, there is a big retirement push coming up, and the credit crunch will be over by then."

I was only following orders... Didn't wash in Nuremburg, and it doesn't wash (in my conscience) now.

I know the company that I work for now will not look at people with, for want of a better way of putting it, the "Integrated Mentality". People who, when asked in a group to introduce themselves will stand up and say "Joe Bloggs, CP1234" "Jon Bull APP0987". I agree with this decision, as i find these people full of their own worth.

In my (albeit limited) experience, you seem to find that the people that struggle for that first job, that work as an FI, Tug Pilot, Ag Pilot, Para Dropper etc. just seem to be a bit friendlier, a bit more appreciative than those who come through an Integrated RHS Direct route.

Althought as i stated I haven't been involved with OAA in any capacity, I am led to believe that there are around 25-30 people finishing each month.