PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Rules - OK?
Thread: GB Rules - OK?
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2002, 15:50
Blackball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call me suspicious if you like but I had the opportunity to speak to LCG over coffee the other day and he said "LGWs problem is that its costing BA too much money". One way it occurs to me of reducing those costs would be to hand the whole of Short Haul at Gatwick (SHAG) to GB lock stock and barrel. This would then remove from BA problems with Cabin Crew/Loaders/Check In/Engineering etc. In other words GB could make the operation pay whereas BA according to them can't.
Ah but one slight problem GB do not have the aircraft nor the crews to man such an expansion. Answer simple hand over the aircraft 737s (the RJs are on their way to MAN & BHX) plus the pilots on a modified wet lease arrangement. This situation would suit both companies, the pilots would involved would still be effectively BA and so as the Aircraft were ultimately replaced by GB with the airbus then the pilots could return to mainline assisting them in the coming shortage.
Meantime BA has got rid of its shorthaul operations at MAN/BHX/LGW all without a shot being fired by its rebellious staff.
It would seem everyone wins but then I always was naive.