PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQL Server Configuration Manager , uncommanded run ?
Old 10th May 2009, 06:32
Jofm5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All just a bit odd, not sure why you would have the configuration manager without at least the express edition installed.

It could be that you just cant find the installation - there are a number of ways you can check.

SQL Server stores its data (including its configuration) within the database files - these have the extensions .mdf for data and .ldf for logging - there will at least be master.mdf and master.ldf on your system if any version of sql server is present (the master database is the sql server configuration database).

If you cant find either of those files on any of your harddisks then you dont have a SQL Server installed and therefore have nothing to worry about with regard to the configuration manager. It could be microsoft has included the configuration manager with Office as Excel, Access to name just two have options for importing data from an instance of SQL Server. I cant check on my machine(s) as they all have SQL Server installed as I do alot of database coding.

Cheers