PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pac Blue Jungle Jet
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2009, 23:04
DeathStar-Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now now, don't go putting words in my mouth.

It's funny that good old uncle murphy has come out to play and put the tour on the backfoot, if only for a little bit..

Yes I do no birdstrikes can be very serious, I have had far too many myself. One where we've had to make an emergency landing and found several holes in the wing. I've had 6 birds hit the windscreen alone in one flight. So yes PBN I do know that. Of course I wouldn't be saying 'thats funny' had things ended a bit more pear shaped, but it didn't everything was fine noone was hurt so we can laugh about it.

In a round about kind of way I find it a great "healer" of riding through bad situations. For example when we flew through a flock of vultures (we knew this as one had kindly left his wing in our wing!) we spent the whole night laughing at our sad little faces we made trying to duck for cover. We both knew events could easily have taken a far worse course, but it didn't and we weren't going to hold in our thoughts/emotions. We all know the score when we strap on our aircraft, incidents happen. It's more about what we learn from these and how we communicate these glitches for others to learn from aswell