PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAA employment statistics
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2009, 19:30
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also as well those figures include all the courses. I was listed as a OAA success statistic even though I only did the distance learning course.

If you have had a dump in the training centrer and they find out that you have managed to get a job in an airline you are fair game to be included in those statistics. I know one lad who managed to be included twice (he was also a mod trained pilot who had only done distance learning with them) as the first company went bust just after he completed line training. Luckily he got another job 2 weeks later on a different type and strangely enough appeared twice in one year.

You can't even get the numbers from the CAA on how many individuals

1. Get an intial class 1
2. pass one ATPL exam
3. Complete all 14 exams
4. Complete a CPL GFT
5. Complete an IR GFT.
6. Complete an initial type rating. Although this is a bit off these days because of muppets paying for their own without a job afterwards.

Apparently its highly commercially sensitive information. I wonder why? (that's rubbish I know why, its because the whole industry would collapse if wannabies knew what the real chances were of them sitting in the RHS)

Unfortunately I realise that for me to go through my training costing as it did 35k and get a job another 5-10 people will have spent 150-200k and will not ever get to sit in the flightdeck of an airliner.

Last edited by mad_jock; 9th May 2009 at 19:54.