PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So called SCABS
Thread: So called SCABS
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2002, 13:18
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Frankg,

If an explanation has been put forward as to why an upgrade ban is not effective, I must have missed it. The only explanations put forward on this forum have been that it is too big a sacrifice, and that it may lead to more sackings (again, Cathay pilots not willing to make sacrifices they expect others to make on their behalf.)

It's not fair, but you support it. If I said the sacking of the 49ers wasn't fair, but I supported it, it would no doubt incur your wrath.

Unfair is unfair. You have stated, rather menacingly, that anybody chosing not to be dealt with in a way you admit is unfair is "To be put on a list". But you don't want a list published because you understand that the shear hypocricy of such an act would undermine your position.

If you think the ban is unfair and ineffective, for christ sake be a man and stand up for people you know are being unfairly victimised. Just because an action is the direction of a Union does not make it beyond accountability to civilised standards. "I was just following orders" has been used in the past.

YOU are responsible for thr outcome of your actions, be they individual, or as a member of a group. Don't hide behind "There was a ban in place" when the consequences blow up in your face.

By the way, I sent an email objecting to the ban. It was not published along side the "Support From Around The World"

Don't take edited propaganda as proof of your position.