PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135
Thread: EC135
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2009, 15:45
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RVDT,

I don't know "what's wrong" with the method up to date!
What is the method in your IFR135?
I never got even near a EC135....

That's why I ask - I know how the 350 and the 120 work and I wondered, why the 135 would not provide this data on the VEMD (or whatever this part is called in the 135) in the standard MEGHAS?

Factory rep informs me that the data derrived from the "Fuel management option" is not available on the standard panel (Avionics solution 11 - MEGHAS).

I assumed that the IFR 135 would have all the latest EC-toys in it!
(There is no Analog Instrumets - IFR option anymore)

According to factory info, the fuel management option gives you fuel remaining in the 3 tanks, fuel flows to the engines and time to engine-out at present powersettings (based on main fuel tank level).

This same data I get in our 350B3s from the VEMD .....

So, those of you who drive MEGHAS-135s, should be in the know!
Maybe you have the option installed! (It is a no-weight option, so I assume it is just some extra-paid software!!)

The option illustration shows a 3-tank symbol with different volumes, the RH tank has less volume and shows a bottom corner cut out.

If you are certain, that you do not have the fuel management option, and you still get the above data with a direct (pictorial and numerical) readout from the panel - I will save some bucks (probably a lot!!), forgoing the option!

Keep it coming!

I also appreciate any other tips, complaints, suggestions, etc.

On Monday I have the last chance to modify the order specs!

Thanx!

3top