PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reaction to TCAS RA
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2009, 00:07
Bomber Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys thanks for the response. sorry i don't log on very often so it's a while ago that you gave me your comments. they were very informative.

surely atco's should be trained on what a pilot is doing when they call 'tcas ra'. could this be a failing in the training. if i am following an RA i really don't want someone telling me there is no problem, i mean, it's nearly a hint not to follow the RA. i am telling the atco i am following an RA so they know why i'm climbing instead of descending, I'm not asking for another instruction, or even a hint at an instruction. i just want procedure...then there will be distractions for me.

Your comments on the confusion from the atco who beleived he had everything under control are very informative and show an understanding of human behaviour. this i fully understand. i think i would react the same way now that you explain it to me. but i guess i would 'train' that reaction out of myself once i realised that i was causing furthur confusion for the pilot during a time when he has limited capacity.

i guess we all strive to be better, and as i said already, at least when i am in uk airspace i know i am dealing with the best. and one thing that makes you the best, is that you strive to get better

BH