PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TurboProp crash inbound for Buffalo
Old 8th May 2009, 18:40
FrequentSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P2J

It also makes an excellent target for lousy pay - because the employer can, and get away with it - temporarily.
It is common on many professions. The employer will always try to get the best people for a lousy pay. We (I say we because although I am not a pilot I consider myself a good professional on my field) will always perform at our best performing our duties. That because we are trained professional and proud of our jobs. The difference is that a pilot has the responsability to carry on the back a few hundreds SLFs, good for me that I do not have such pressure. Nevertheless some jobs carry a lot of responsability however I cannot think of anyone that involves to be responsible for the life of so many people (a bus driver comparison is a joke IMHO).
Having said that I am confident that nobody will lower his/her standards because of a lower pay.
The safety rests (still IMHO) on the shoulders of the highly qualified professionals who are in front of the plane, they are the ones that make the difference.
Becoming a member of PPRUNE and be able to read all the posts here made me understood how "lucky" I am when flying and enjoying my champagne.
Rest assured that such though always flashes on my mind!
Thanks!