PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2009, 16:14
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair say I have to stuff whatever I buy in the shops into my carry on luggage.
I'm confused about this one. IIRC, they had noticed plastered all over PSA last week saying the allowance was +duty free purchases (and as these bags aren't sealed, unlike at US airports, guess you could always stuff in an extra umbrella?).

I don't know the figures, but I would guess that a fairly large proportion of pre-flight in-airport spend is made up of consumables or currency, which wouldn't present such an issue anyway.

Steve, agree about DXB, but had never rated CGN as much of a shopping mall. Lovely design though, but in terms of revenue, there is always going to be an element of self-defeat when you have a flashy ICE station on site, so you effectively discourage people to park. I guess a decent public transport plan is effectively part of an S106 or equivalent for development, but in terms of ancilliary revenue, I would guess that airports would rather charge people to alight at their stations, rather than let in people by train who pay no extra fare (a la BHX etc). Perhaps JFK & EWR havethe right idea here - charge people to use the people mover to get to the terminal?