PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DFO Update 08MAY09
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2009, 14:34
crewsunite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May Day you do make sure good points

I have been following some of the things you say.

Though its very emotive at the moment, you do make sure good points.

For example: A scalers (Our fearless leaders & roll models)
Reaching 55 have three choices as I see it

1) Retire & enjoy a good life with some youth remaining.

2) Remain working on A scale till RA65 if the CX does not offer it. Put up a fight (Legally 1st then with other forms of lobbying & pressure)
If all of you including trainers etc do the same then CX would have little choice as they need you as NR said. You are also more in a position to put up a fight than the rest of us. You should have paid off houses & kids grown up etc.
(CMD extensions this way we are proctected by BPP & we'll all benefit from RA65 if we really need to work longer)

3) Sign Cos08 and effectively "take a new job" almost like a DEC taking away CMD from JNR crew. You'll be selling yourselves to a cheaper deal at our expense! Thus by choosing the 3rd option gives us little hope for the future.
You also take away alot of hope and asperations and fuelling some bitterness.

Life sucks when our kids are at school overseas and we cannot get basis.
While you on your base enjoying clean air & fishing in between your holiday job which pays for your mansions renovations & that new BMW bike. If you are really professional demand pay for experience! Demand the same contract.
You'll find most have no problem with that. In fact you'll make us really proud.

And that's maybe why May day & the Likes are so MAD!
If we're a team choose option 2) Fight for a solid victory. As our leaders & roll models help set the bar at a high level you'll have more leverage than us! If you really care.

Anyway's like many others my brain is stressed out big time & has been effected by all this emotion.

Last say: Why the rush? Try and delay COS08 until more clarification.
A NO vote may mean a better deal for all incl Cos99 in more favourable times.

OR why not have another option on a VOTE with guys saying:
a) I agree with Cos08
b) I don't agree with Cos08
c) I suggest xyz in no more than 30 words.

They be saying the No's there & then more likely to put a YES tick where you desire!

Last edited by crewsunite; 8th May 2009 at 14:48.