PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet* NZ Interview.
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2009, 01:57
Fruet Mich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah we're in the wrong part of the world! I can't wait to head up to work in the sand! Not.

We're in the right part of the world. And always will be.

I think what we are all trying to say here is NO! Of course people are going to want to get ahead in their respective profession. But lets not do it at the expense of our industry. If we hold out we will be paid better.

So what you are trying to say is that a guy flying an A320 in NZ should start on $65000 because it's good for him to get ahead so he can move on to better things? Good help the industry, thats exactly how it's come to this. If it's good for the goose it's good for the ganda.

As I've said before, currently the Aus Jetstar pilots are being paid ok. Wait till they make your positions redundant and send you to the NZ base and you take a huge pay cut. I guess thats just tough. Collectively, the industry needs to nip this in the butt. Or we'll all keep taking it in the butt from these managers taking home huge bonuses at our expense.

You do realise that these guys taking the job at Jetstar will earn roughly what you would flying an ATR72 for Mt Cook. Mt cook get 11 days off and don't work anywhere near 85hrs!

Mt Cook ATR72 FO $60,000 base. $12-$14000 in allowances and 8.75% super. Not far off ay. 180 seats to 68 seats. Work that out. WTF!!!

I rest my case. If you all want to sell nana and give your left testie or titti for that matter, knock yourselves out! The water may be a little chilly for those people who have accepted these terms and conditions.