PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 8th May 2009, 01:10
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
Sultan,

My war went fine.....we were winning when I left on a stretcher while on my second voluntary tour.

You do puzzle me as to why you ask such a question....might you explain what you are seeking as to a response and what your question is predicated upon?
Usually here we deal with the questions and try to avoid being obnoxious but perhaps that is lost on you somehow?

If my asking about the cost of the 22 being unusually high for the capability it provides....as shown to be very limited in reality when we all can see how useless it will be in places like Afghanistan then we have to wonder about allocation of resources by the USMC.

Surely the Marine Corps looked beyond sea level operations from ship to sandy beaches at the shoreline and considered they would be in the mountains at some time in the future.

Just who is it in Congress that is so intent upon keeping Bell and Boeing funded by means of this project?

Did the Marine Corps feel those two companies needed contracts to keep them alive or something and thus bought into the Osprey as way of doing that?

Last edited by SASless; 8th May 2009 at 12:22.