PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2009, 00:13
mountaintop2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
betpumps

tangang tanga nga! see i can still speak it too! (Big indiots indeed!)

the last time i inquired about 2 weeks ago i was told that the school already has a TRTO license from the CAAP. They don't own the A320 sim (because that is owned by Cebu) but they do manage it for 5J. In fact Zest Air is moving all their A320 sim training to Clark instead of HK. (Zest Air guys pls you are welcome to correct me if i am wrong) So if CA plays it well, they can actually offer a better product than what OAA has in mind because they can offer A320 TR.

What CA is reportedly just waiting for is to get the CPL IR license and they will be able to get this option (convert the training to CPL IR PLUS A320 Type Rating) open to non Cebu cadets, IF they want to, knowing that some of the guys may not be willing to wait for the negotiations with some potential airlines to get the MPL. i think that was also the line they told the last batch of cadets who enrolled last January (checked from their marketing guys): if things go wrong, we will shift you to CPL/IR with option also to convert to A320 TR. Clever marketing? maybe, but definitely not a scam.

also i can confirm to you that the 3 5j pilots who got their TAGs already have a "provisional" license, and doing pre employment stuff and airline training from 5J, while waiting for the actual MPL to be issued by CAAP. Once they have that, they can already fly as FOs! wow......

Things are definitely better. Cadets have IN FACT graduated.

I agree, let's ignore the idiots. i have a nagging suspicion that those idiots were the same idiots who nearly ran this school aground and are now bashing the present "Asian" management for doing the stuff they couldn't deliver.