PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 7th May 2009, 22:44
landedoutagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the radar fails and 2 planes go boom, don't worry - you won't be alone in the courtroom!
Mr. Gunson said that the Atco would be the only person at the subsequent board of enquiry....

Zooker - never assume, check.

back on thread though. Last august RPI 4.8%, this august RPI possibly -2.8%, end result cost of living theoretically 2% higher (almost). Payrise in this time, 2%... Not quite as bad a deal as it seems, and i do thank the union bods for that. However, I would still like to know what impact this has on pensionable pay, ie, if RPI this year is -2.8%, and we get 0%, does our pensionable pay take a hit of -2.3% ??

As I think i have posted before, i would much rather take a deal of RPI over the two years than whats on offer, even if it equates to the same thing, as it should make buying a house slightly easier later on this year.

(For the mathematically challenged, a payrise of 4.8% followed by a cut of 2.8% doesnt necessarily equate to a rise of 2%!)
100 * 1.048 = 104.8
104.8 / 1.028 = 101.946 or 104.8 * 0.972 = 101.87

And, as others have stated, only those with mortgage repayments will have had their cost of living matched anyway, the rest of us are still losing out by about 3%...